« homeBrowsing all comments (spoilers: on | off) (info: on | off) next 25
Did I miss something? Definitely! Thu 24 Oct 2019 13:16
<mark> (SPOILER) Added solution "old speedrun":
This is another way which i was going to up before getting undercut.

<mm> (SPOILER) Added solution "mm's solution":
Here it is, Mark!
<mark> (SPOILER) Added solution "Old solution":
solution I had before seeing the solution by mm.
<mark> (SPOILER) mm maybe you should reup your solution I did not realise my named solutions would overwrite your run, as ticked the non speedrun box.
Without your ending I would not have got my solutions so short.

<mark> (SPOILER) Added solution "and another ":
This level started off being quite hard now there is quite a few ways to go.
<mark> (SPOILER) Added solution "Another way."
<mm> (SPOILER) Added speedrun: 186 moves (old: 263).

Did I mod something? Maybe! Thu 24 Oct 2019 06:57
<mm> (SPOILER) Added speedrun: 196 moves (old: 263).
<mm> (SPOILER) Added speedrun: 263 moves (old: 271).
<N7DOT> (SPOILER) Interestingly, when I first managed to solve your original mod, I completed it without using the "cheat panel", in a fashion totally unlike your intended solution but also totally unlike mm's solution. That solution inspired me to try and make a mod removing it, but I wanted to make it more difficult first, which is why I changed the panels up top.

That change turns out to be completely incompatible with my original solution, forcing me to come up with the much more complicated solution that I ended up submitting with the level.

Did I miss something? Definitely! Thu 17 Oct 2019 01:21
<N7DOT> (SPOILER) Alright, I got it. My solution is a bit different still, using the same strategy at the end to survive the laser as my version. That's not something new or novel though, so it's not worth making another mod for something like that when we've already got 4 mods of this one level in triage now.
<N7DOT> (SPOILER) Oh man, from the screenshot this one looks brutal. I had thought (after attempting it for a while) that having a panel with that role *somewhere* was a necessary requirement, and so tried to relocate it in an annoying and deceptive location. Guess I have to try and figure out the "impossible" for real now :p
<mark> 'Did I miss something? Definitely!' uploaded by mark:
One more for you, N7 your level was great this is what it forced me into.
Thanks

Did I mod something? Maybe! Wed 16 Oct 2019 15:49
<mark> (SPOILER) Added speedrun: 271 moves (old: 478).
Very nice but I think there is room for one more.
You forced me into solving how I was trying to do my first mod before I put the cheat dot in.
<N7DOT> 'Did I mod something? Maybe!' uploaded by N7DOT:
If you thought that last mod was pretty nice, then I've got some good news and bad news, cause this mod's feeling pretty mean :)

I've missed nothing Tue 15 Oct 2019 21:11
<N7DOT> (SPOILER) Nah, no need to tell me, I've figured it out now. All of the solutions seem quite different to me, so I think I'll be keeping this one for now.
<mark> (SPOILER) Added speedrun: 135 moves (old: 223).
A fun mod been playing all evening, my solution or the speedrun to my mod is no good in this mod.
I have a very long and difficult solution that will give a big hint to my mod.
If you want I can post it to this for you just let me know.
<N7DOT> (SPOILER) me not noticing that is kinda ironic given the name of the leve, now that I think about it :p

I have no idea how similar the two mods are currently, but I suspect mine is probably easier since I currently don't know how to beat mark's version.
<N7DOT> I just realized mark already did a mod of this one, oops! I'm going to go compare this against that one to see whether I should keep this one.
<N7DOT> 'I've missed nothing' uploaded by N7DOT:
Inspired by mark's frequent use of old levels as backbones for new ones, I decided to go looking through old levels myself to see if I could find one that I could use to do the same. This is the result of that endeavor :)

pop1.2 Tue 15 Oct 2019 01:52
<N7DOT> (SPOILER) Added speedrun: 399 moves (old: 485).
I took a look at that and have had no luck either. I'm not sure if it's possible, but if it is then I'd have to agree on it being an impressive solution. In the meantime, here's the promised speedrun I mentioned.
<mark> (SPOILER) Hi N7 good to see you back,I have solutions that go both ways and use both ways to wake door.
In the origanal pop1 you will see 2 rows of 8 green dots.
I had to remove the right ones to make this possible for me.If your solution could put them back or you could mod it and solve.That would be a stinker.

<N7DOT> (SPOILER) Whaaaaat? That's how you woke the door? I didn't think that way was even feasible and did it a different way instead. I also apparently did the start very differently, going down first instead of over the top. Not sure if I should just post my record (currently 399) or to make a pop1.3 in response, since I don't think it's really gonna be harder, and it might be more repetitive.

Conflicted Mon 14 Oct 2019 02:48
<N7DOT> Nice puzzle here. One thing I noticed when playing is that format of the original is oddly similar to the quarantined level "Bridge Out Redux" :P

Glad I decided to check back in here to see if there'd been any new things going on, looks like its been (relatively) active around here recently :)

Skirting the issue training Sun 13 Oct 2019 13:01
<mark> 'Skirting the issue training ' uploaded by mark.

« homeBrowsing all comments (spoilers: on | off) (info: on | off) next 25